God gave Bishop Greg L. Fann, Sr. the vision to start a Church and gave him the name Liberty International Church of God and Christ. Bishop Fann asked Minister Cherry O. Williams-Robinson to join him as his Assistant Pastor and help start a choir, she agreed.
He asked his sister, Charlene Snell, if they could use her basement for Choir rehearsal. His daughters, nieces and a co-worker’s son made up the choir. Sunday school was held at the home also. On December 13, 1980, the first worship service was held at the Art Center on Georgia Ave. (Ralph Abernathy Blvd.) in Atlanta, Ga., in a classroom.
Minister Roma L. Taylor became a part of the ministerial staff as Associate Minister. In March of 1981 we moved to a storefront building located at 1580 Flat Shoals Road in Atlanta, Ga.
On December 11, 1988 God blessed us to rent a house at 1362 Stewart Ave.(Metropolitan Pkwy) and we later purchased the property. In 1998 we changed our name to Liberty International Church. September 11, 2005, God blessed us again and we were able to break ground for our new Church sanctuary. In August 2006 marched into the new sanctuary.
The Angel Team was founded 2005, after the loss of Brother Eddie Robinson, by Mother Effie Pearl Fountain. The purpose of the Angel Team was to aide Minister Cherry Robinson with the loss of Brother Robinson and to assist with preparing for the different lifestyle changes. This expanded to upkeep of the Church and preparing food for Church Programs. The Angel Team is a combination of Pastor’s Aide and Hospitality Committee.
In 2005 the Jennie Smith Fellowship Hall and the Alice Fann Administrative wing was established. The Administrative Wing is used for Sunday School and Reading program as well as ministerial offices.
During this growth, we established four usher boards.
Vivian Fann Usher Board
Jordan Usher Board
Charlene Snell Usher Board
Gregory L. Fann Usher Board.
The Men’s Ministry has been a strong support ministry for the Church, both financially and physically. The men are responsible for the upkeep of the facility and security. In 2014 the Liberty International Church Support Ministries were established. Under this organization came:
Pastor Beverly Collier – Greater Faith Tabernacle of God, College Park, Ga.
Pastor Melvin Whitlock – Living Waters Christian Church, Decatur, Ga.
Pastor Clifford Dawkins – True Worship Church in Atlanta, Ga.
In 2015 Minister Nakita Howard and Minister Latiska Roddie were licensed and have become a part of the Ministerial Staff.
Our congregation has continued to expand and with the Lord’s grace it will continue to grow delivering the Door of Hope Ministry message.